For parish news, see the most recent parish bulletin. For current news and updates, please visit
Fr. Matthew's Facebook Page.
Updated Parish COVID-19 Prevention Procedures (15 May 2020)
Churches in the Diocese of Greensburg reopen for public prayer beginning Friday, May 15 as “Wave One” of the reopening of parishes. This is what you can expect at Church of the Good Shepherd:
1) Live-Streamed Masses Continue – Masses will continue to be live-streamed on the current schedule and will be available on Facebook and YouTube.
2) Hours for Church Opening – The Church will be open for Private Prayer from 12:00 pm to 6 pm Monday - Friday, and Saturday from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
3) COVID-19 precautions will be followed – When you visit the Church, you MUST wear a mask and maintain Social Distancing (6 feet away from persons not living in your household). Hand sanitizer will be available in the Narthex for your use. If you or someone else in your household has COVID symptoms (fever, persistent cough, etc.), please stay home.
4) There will be places designated for Prayer and Reconciliation – You will find an area with metal chairs that will be spaced to allow for social distancing and to facilitate cleaning. Please use these areas. Please also feel free to light Votive Candles or to take Votive Candles or Holy Water Bottles from the Church Narthex.
5) The designated areas that will be used by visitors will be sanitized regularly – Designated areas in the Church and Narthex will be wiped down each evening with disinfectant, and given a deeper cleaning once a week.
6) Not everything will be available – To facilitate daily cleaning, not everything you are accustomed to will be present. Hymnals, the drinking water dispenser, and Holy Water fonts will NOT be present. Restrooms WILL NOT be open. Please plan accordingly when you choose to visit.
7) Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available on Monday from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm and Saturday from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. You may also continue to schedule Reconciliation by appointment. Weather permitting, an area may be set up outside for scheduled Reconciliation.
8) Eucharistic Adoration will resume on Mondays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
9) Wedding, Baptism, and Funeral liturgies may be celebrated in the Church with no more than 25 persons including parish staff. Please contact Fr. Matthew for details. Memorial Masses that have been postponed are not yet being scheduled. A date for First Communion has not yet been set.
10) The Parish Office will generally be open during the normal hours. If you come to the office, masks and social distancing are also to be used there.
11) FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS – Please contact the Parish Office, or call Fr. Matthew’s cell phone (724.689.2858), leaving a message if necessary. Non-emergency visits to homes and nursing homes have not yet resumed.
12) Details for “Wave Two” have not yet been given by the Diocese – Bishop Malesic is working with a committee at the Diocese to discuss more details for reopening parishes, including resuming public Masses, but these details are still forthcoming. Please continue to pray for Bishop Malesic and the priests and laypeople on this committee as they discern the way for us to continue to move forward.
These details will remain in effect until further notice, and are subject to change with further directives from the CDC/State/Diocese. For up-to-date news, visit www.goodshepherdkent.org and www.dioceseofgreensburg.org/healthalerts.
Watch Bishop Malesic's Sunday Mass at 9:00 am on the Diocese of Greensburg Facebook Page...
To stay continuously updated with communications, recommendations and actions taken by the Diocese of Greensburg to combat the spread of the coronavirus, text “Faith” to the number 724-305-3057 to sign-up for important text message alerts. Up-to-the-minute communication is available on all diocesan social media outlets — Facebook, Twitter and Instagram — and on its website,