|Heroes of Hope Videos Highlight |
Guardian Angel Appeal for Catholic Charities
|Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Greensburg recognizes Heroes of Hope, individuals who never stopped giving during COVID-19. Now you can be a Guardian Angel for your community by donating to coronavirus relief. All dollars go directly to those in need. Watch the videos about our Heroes of Hope and prayerfully consider donating online:|
We are blessed by your support!
|Sarris Candy Order Pick-Up||All candy orders will be ready for pick-up the weekend of December 12-13 in the Servers' Sacristy of the Church. If you are unable to pick up orders then, please call the Parish Office to make arrangements for pickup beginning December 14. All money should be turned in by December 20. Thank you for supporting our parish through this fundraiser.|
|Seeking Organist at Good Shepherd||The Church of the Good Shepherd, Kent, Pennsylvania, a parish of the Diocese of Greensburg is accepting applications for an organist for weekend Masses, funerals, weddings, and holy days. |
The applicant should be able to accompany a congregation and cantor and have the ability to play the organ and keyboard. The applicant should have understanding of the Catholic liturgy, and complete clearances upon hire. The position begins November 1, 2020. All applications should be sent electronically to the Pastor, Father Matthew J. Morelli, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|How You Can Help Our Money Counters ||If you are mailing or dropping off an offertory donation and choose to write one check for multiple collections, please also include the marked envelopes themselves. This helps our money counters and office staff to more easily record your donation in the proper categories and ensure you are credited for your tax letter at the end of the year.|
|Turkey Dinner “Thank You”||On November 1 we hosted our annual Turkey Dinner as a drive-through only event. Many people turned out for the event, and we sold all of our available dinners (and unfortunately had to turn some people away).|
I am grateful to all who volunteered, as well as all of you who came to eat and who encouraged others to come as well. We sold 564 dinners! (516 Adult, 30 Child age 6-12, 16 Child 5 & under, 2 complementary) Final numbers for profits will be shown in a future bulletin once all bills are paid. While very different than our previous dinners, I think we can call it a success. THANK YOU!
|Faith Formation / Youth Ministry Registration ||All Registration for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry will be done online this year. The registration form can be found by clicking here. YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE—NO FORM WILL BE MAILED. Please call the Parish Office to register if you cannot access the online form.|
|Participate in our Parish Rosary Bouquet Program!||As a way of renewing our families, parish, diocese and the world through prayer, you are invited to take part in the Good Shepherd Rosary Bouquet Program. Through it, we hope to gather a spiritual bouquet of Rosaries for Jesus and Mary. |
A vase will be placed in the Church Narthex near the statue of Mary along with a smaller bowl of beads. (Hand sanitizer will also be on the table.) Each bead placed into the vase will represent one Rosary that has been prayed by someone at Church of the Good Shepherd—and as the vase fills up, we will be able to see this spiritual bouquet of Rosaries grow!
The program will work this way:
- Each time you pray a Rosary—at home, at Church, at work, while driving, etc.—we invite you to put one bead in the vase for each Rosary prayed.
- If you pray the Rosary together with others, each person can add a bead for each Rosary prayed.
- If you cannot come to the Church to add beads yourself, please call Denise and Jim Pencola at (724) 726-5315 to let them know how many beads to add to the vase.
|News from our Knights: Checks for Life Campaign||For many years, our Council has received your generous support for LifeChoices, an organization that provides pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, consultation, and education in the region including in Indiana. In the last 9 years their clinics have seen over 276 lives saved from abortion.|
This year, it was necessary to modify our “Baby Bottle Campaign” due to COVID-19. We are asking for your help again, and have included an envelope in this bulletin. If you are able to help, please include a donation of cash or a check made out to “K of C Council 10960” or to the parish. The envelopes can be dropped in the collection basket, delivered to the parish office, or mailed to the Church.
Our campaign will continue through the month of November and we pray for another successful year. Thank you in advance and in the words of Bishop Malesic, “God Bless You and those you love!"
|COVID-19 Self-Assessment Checklist||Parishes in the Diocese of Greensburg have been taking every effort to keep our churches "sacred and safe" as some parishioners choose to resume attending Mass. Part of this effort is continuing to wear a mask (or bandanna or other face covering) and social distance. We also ask you to consider some other risk factors using this self-assessment checklist. You will not be asked these questions when you come to Mass, but you should be aware of them out of consideration for others in the community.|
- If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, we ask that you please not visit the Church or the Parish Office:
- Is your temperature over 100.4° F?Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you had direct contact with a person confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you been asked to self-quarantine?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you had any cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, or lack of taste or smell?
- Within the last fourteen (14 days, are you aware of being in contact with someone with cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, or lack of taste or smell?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you travelled to a place with rising community transmission of COVID-19?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you travelled on an airplane?