|CGS/Youth Ministry/Sacramental Prep Registration|
Next Youth Ministry meeting (Grades 7-12) is on Monday October 18 from 6:00 pm -8:00 pm in the Hall.
All remaining Atrium sessions will be 2 hours, 5:00 pm-7:00 pm on the scheduled dates.
If you would still like to sign up for Youth Ministry or CGS, please contact Carolyn Davis. If you would like to register for RCIA or Adult Confirmation please contact the Parish Office.
|Time to Make Pierogis!|
It is time once again to plan to join in making PIEROGI for our holiday fundraising efforts and purchasing at Turkey Dinner drive through. This is an opportunity for folks to get together for a great cause, and also to have a great time in learning and passing on the fine art of pierogi-making to a new generation!
Mark your calendars for this Tuesday, October 19 and Tuesday, October 26 at 5:00 pm. Come to our Parish Hall to be a part of this activity that benefits our Parish and those in our greater community who enjoy these tasty treats!
|Sacrament of Confirmation for Adults / Older Teens||If you are an adult or a high school-age teen who has been baptized in the Catholic Church but have not been confirmed and would like to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, please contact Denise Pencola at email@example.com or 724-726-5315. She will give you more information on how to begin to prepare for the reception of this Sacrament.|
For those who have been baptized in another Christian denomination but would like to become Catholic, please contact Fr. Matthew to begin the process of being received into the Church.
|Scheduled Dates for Reception of Sacraments|
- First Reconciliation—February 19, 2022 at 1:00 pm
- First Communion—May 8, 2022 at 9:30 am
- Confirmation—November 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm at Ss. Simon and Jude Church, Blairsville
- 2022 Confirmation—Fall 2022 (date/time/location TBD)
Parish Rosary Bouquet||As a way of renewing our families, parish, diocese and the world through prayer, you are invited to take part in the Good Shepherd Rosary Bouquet Program. Through it, we hope to gather a spiritual bouquet of Rosaries for Jesus and Mary. |
A vase will be placed in the Church Narthex near the statue of Mary along with a smaller bowl of beads. (Hand sanitizer will also be on the table.) Each bead placed into the vase will represent one Rosary that has been prayed by someone at Church of the Good Shepherd—and as the vase fills up, we will be able to see this spiritual bouquet of Rosaries grow!
The program will work this way:
- Each time you pray a Rosary—at home, at Church, at work, while driving, etc.—we invite you to put one bead in the vase for each Rosary prayed.
- If you pray the Rosary together with others, each person can add a bead for each Rosary prayed.
- If you cannot come to the Church to add beads yourself, please call Denise and Jim Pencola at (724) 726-5315 to let them know how many beads to add to the vase.