|Intentions for Weekend Masses Available||There are openings in the Mass Book for intentions for Weekend Masses beginning in July. If you would like to request a Mass intention for either a Saturday or Sunday, please fill out a Mass Intention Form (available in the Church Narthex). These are on a first-come, first-served basis, one per weekend (the other Mass is always for all parishioners, living and deceased).|
|Sacrament of Confirmation for Adults / Older Teens||If you are an adult or a high school-age teen who has been baptized in the Catholic Church but have not been confirmed and would like to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, please contact Denise Pencola at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-726-5315. She will give you more information on how to begin to prepare for the reception of this Sacrament.|
For those who have been baptized in another Christian denomination but would like to become Catholic, please contact Fr. Matthew to begin the process of being received into the Church.
|Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Sign Ups|
Sign up for CGS will take place August 22, 2021 following Mass.
CGS Level I—any child age 3-6 years
CGS Level II—any child age 7-9 years
CGS Level III—any child age 10-12 years
This will include parent meeting and information about CGS and Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
|Youth Ministry Sign-Ups||Sign up for Youth Ministry will take place August 29, 2021 following Mass. Youth Ministry is for youth in grades 7-12.|
This will include parent meeting for Preparation for Confirmation for current 8th graders in 2021 and current 7th graders in 2022.
|Scheduled Dates for Reception of Sacraments|
- First Reconciliation—February 19, 2022 at 1:00 pm
- First Communion—May 8, 2022 at 9:30 am
- Confirmation—November 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm at Ss. Simon and Jude Church, Blairsville
- 2022 Confirmation—Fall 2022 (date/time/location TBD)
Parish Rosary Bouquet||As a way of renewing our families, parish, diocese and the world through prayer, you are invited to take part in the Good Shepherd Rosary Bouquet Program. Through it, we hope to gather a spiritual bouquet of Rosaries for Jesus and Mary. |
A vase will be placed in the Church Narthex near the statue of Mary along with a smaller bowl of beads. (Hand sanitizer will also be on the table.) Each bead placed into the vase will represent one Rosary that has been prayed by someone at Church of the Good Shepherd—and as the vase fills up, we will be able to see this spiritual bouquet of Rosaries grow!
The program will work this way:
- Each time you pray a Rosary—at home, at Church, at work, while driving, etc.—we invite you to put one bead in the vase for each Rosary prayed.
- If you pray the Rosary together with others, each person can add a bead for each Rosary prayed.
- If you cannot come to the Church to add beads yourself, please call Denise and Jim Pencola at (724) 726-5315 to let them know how many beads to add to the vase.