|Knights of Columbus Council #10960 News||Due to current COVID precautions, there will be no January Knights of Columbus meeting.|
Chance of a Lifetime (COAL) tickets are available. 16 prizes available, all cash, ranging from $1,000 to $15,000. Tickets are $5 each and are available now until end of March. Please contact Grand Knight Norb Rayko (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any Knight to purchase tickets.
|Mission Co-Op 2020/2021: |
Circus & Traveling Show Ministries
|Each year, parishes in the Diocese of Greensburg are paired with a Mission Co-op apostolate that does missionary work in the USA or abroad. Usually representatives of these apostolates visit and speak about the works that are being undertaken and a collection is taken up for that apostolate.|
Although we are unable to have a guest visit us, our co-op partner is Circus & Traveling Show Ministries. They serve entertainment workers who travel throughout the United States. More information about their apostolate can be found on Page 8 of the bulletin.
The Mission Co-op Collection will be taken the weekend of January 23/24. An envelope is enclosed in this bulletin. Thank you in advance for your generosity to assist those who are served by this unique apostolate.
|The Word Among Us Booklets|
Copies of The Word Among Us are available each month in the Church Narthex. These contain the daily readings, prayers for Mass, and other devotions. Donations defray parish costs.
If you would like a copy mailed or dropped off to your home, please contact the Parish Office. We would be happy to do what we can to help put these resources into your hands.
These resources go to waste if they remain on the narthex book rack—please consider taking one or asking that one be sent to you.
|How You Can Help Our Money Counters ||If you are mailing or dropping off an offertory donation and choose to write one check for multiple collections, please also include the marked envelopes themselves. This helps our money counters and office staff to more easily record your donation in the proper categories and ensure you are credited for your tax letter at the end of the year.|
|Parish Rosary Bouquet||As a way of renewing our families, parish, diocese and the world through prayer, you are invited to take part in the Good Shepherd Rosary Bouquet Program. Through it, we hope to gather a spiritual bouquet of Rosaries for Jesus and Mary. |
A vase will be placed in the Church Narthex near the statue of Mary along with a smaller bowl of beads. (Hand sanitizer will also be on the table.) Each bead placed into the vase will represent one Rosary that has been prayed by someone at Church of the Good Shepherd—and as the vase fills up, we will be able to see this spiritual bouquet of Rosaries grow!
The program will work this way:
- Each time you pray a Rosary—at home, at Church, at work, while driving, etc.—we invite you to put one bead in the vase for each Rosary prayed.
- If you pray the Rosary together with others, each person can add a bead for each Rosary prayed.
- If you cannot come to the Church to add beads yourself, please call Denise and Jim Pencola at (724) 726-5315 to let them know how many beads to add to the vase.
|COVID-19 Self-Assessment Checklist||Parishes in the Diocese of Greensburg have been taking every effort to keep our churches "sacred and safe" as some parishioners choose to resume attending Mass. Part of this effort is continuing to wear a mask (or bandanna or other face covering) and social distance. We also ask you to consider some other risk factors using this self-assessment checklist. You will not be asked these questions when you come to Mass, but you should be aware of them out of consideration for others in the community.|
- If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, we ask that you please not visit the Church or the Parish Office:
- Is your temperature over 100.4° F?Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you had direct contact with a person confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you been asked to self-quarantine?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you had any cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, or lack of taste or smell?
- Within the last fourteen (14 days, are you aware of being in contact with someone with cold or flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, body aches, or lack of taste or smell?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you travelled to a place with rising community transmission of COVID-19?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you travelled on an airplane?